Although Instagram does not natively offer the ability to write using bold, italics, or strikethrough, you can do so easily from your smartphone. We tell you how to do this using an external app
Social networks, such as Instagram, are the perfect place for users to unleash their creativity when it comes to publishing content. In the case of the mentioned social network, the truth is that we have many interesting native tools to give our photos or videos a special look, like filters or the possibility of adding music. However, when it comes to the text that accompanies these publications, the truth is that we do not have so many options. Fortunately, there are ways to format this text to make it more original and colorful, and in this article, we will explain how you can do it from your Android device.
How to format text on Instagram
As we explained, it is necessary to go to a third party if we want to format the text differently in an Instagram post. There are pages where we can write text, and they will convert it to another format, although in Android, we have a much better option. We are talking about a well-known application called Stylish Text, a very easy-to-use app where we will find different formats or designs for our sentences to have a much more personalized look. Just below, we will show you the steps to follow to use bold, italics, and even strikethrough in your text using this application.
How to use bold letters on Instagram
Using Stylish Text is very simple: we only have to write the text we want to format, select the format we like, and copy the text to paste it on Instagram or wherever we want. The steps to follow to use bold type are as follows:
- With Stylish Text, type the text you want in bold in the text box at the top of the screen.
- The next thing to do is to find a style that you like. In this case, for bold text, we recommend style 113.
- Once you find it, tap on it.
- In the next window, select the copy button and go to Instagram to paste it.
How to use italic letters on Instagram
Putting the text in italics is not much different from putting it in bold, as you will see just below. To do so, follow these steps:
- As before, type the text you want in italics in the text box.
- There are several italic styles within the application, but we recommend style 114.
- As before, tap on it.
- Copy it and paste it on Instagram.
How to use strikethrough formatting on Instagram
If you want to write a text with strikethrough formatting, do the same process but select a different style this time:
- Type the text you want in strikethrough formatting in the text box.
- The best strikethrough format you can find within the application is style 31.
- Tap on the style you want to select.
- Select the copy button and paste it into Instagram.
How to use different fonts on Instagram
As you have seen in all the previous steps, thanks to Stylish Text, we can give whatever format we want to our texts. Within all the styles available on this application, we can also find several letter styles, so all we have to do is find the one that best suits what we are looking for, copy the text, and paste it into Instagram. If you really like a style, you can add it to Favorites, which will make it much easier to find it the next time you want to use it in another publication.